We are thrilled to offer our 300-hour training to qualify for Yoga Alliance 500 hour trainings. To qualify for this training, you must have a 200-hour training certificate in Ashtanga Yoga (either with us or another school).
We are excited to deepen the growth and knowledge of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga for yoga students and teachers alike! In this training, we will do our best to guide you to cultivate inner growth and self-development through a committed practice and self- reflection and then learning to use this inner guide to share the knowledge with others.
A bonus to your learning: you will have 3 months access to the on-line videos of all the topics we cover during the 5-week 200h intensive. An amazing tool to refresh your memory or update your notes before embarking on the 300h training!
The training is recognized internationally. Every year there are people from all corners of the world coming together to share and go deeper in their mutual passion for yoga in this beautiful city, Paris (or some qualifying intensives in the South of France).
The 300+ hour training is based on the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary and Intermediate series, which gives a solid base to any dynamic asana practice since most forms of contemporary flowing yoga styles, have evolved out of Ashtanga.
During different intensives review key poses and the ‘gate-keepers’ from the primary series and we go over the asanas from the intermediate series; discovering the basic movements which are universal alignment techniques one can apply to all the Ashtanga series, exploring different ways to modify each position with and without props, learning the contraindications for each asana and alternatives to achieve a similar outcome, how to do hands-on adjustments and especially exploring the anatomical understanding to keep each yoga student safe in the poses to encourage a life time practice.
In addition, we will continue from the kriya and pranayama practice learned in the first training. Adding on to the practices so that these highly effective and deep practices are taught correctly and safely. They appear subtle however, their subtleness is deceiving therefore, kriya and pranayama need to be taught with intelligence and awareness.
And of course, we will go deeper into the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, building on the basis from the first level training and then begin into the Bhagavad Gita. These classic texts teach us that the ‘real’ yoga is beyond the physical aspect there is a great emphasis put on yogic philosophy and daily living to ensure that we all remember to put in that “1% theory” and apply it to all aspects of our lives; on and off the yoga mat and meditation cushion!
How it works:
You enroll in the 300-hour teacher training at any time by filling in the registration form and paying the fee of 800€. Then you have up to 5 years to enroll and participate in any of the qualifying intensives or workshops to accumulate the requisite hours. The benefit of this format is that you can start whenever you like and take part in the intensives that accommodate your personal planning.
Intensive & Workshop Topics:
- The Subtle Body ~ Pranayama, Chakras & Asana
- The Yoga Sutras ~ Exploring for Every Day Living
- Mysore Style Intensive
- The Gate-Keepers of Primary Series ~ Going Deeper
- Intermediate Series ~ Nadi Shodhana
- The Art of Hands-On Adjustments
- Relax & Restore ~ Restorative Yoga
- Anatomy of Asana
- Yoga is Balance ~ The Bhagavad Gita
- Teaching ~ Sharing what you Know
- Yoga Anatomy Online with Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews
Upcoming Qualifying Intensives & Workshops:
– Ashtanga Immersion with Gerald Disse (12hrs) – Strasbourg – April 1 & 2
– Pranayama Training with Gerald Disse & Nancy Siam (20hrs) – Paris & Online – April 8 – 11
– Semaine de perfectionnement Ashtanga avec Gérald & Linda – Nantes – April 15 – 21
– Sama Ashtanga Yoga Intensive with Chuck Miller (16.5hrs) – Golfe Juan – April 29 – May 1
– 16-hour Ashtanga Foundations Teacher Training with David Garrigues – Paris – May 5 – 8
– Yoga Retreat in the Alps with Linda & Gerald (17.5hrs) – Haute-Savoie – May 18-21
– 18-hour Restorative Yoga Training with Lizzie Lasater – Paris – June 2 – 4
– Ayurveda & Yoga Workshop with Lisa Schrempp (15.5hrs) – Paris – June 9 – 12
– Ashtanga Weekend Workshops with David Swenson – Paris – October 20 – 22
– 40-hour Teacher Training / Yoga Immersion with David Swenson – Paris – October 23 – 29
More workshops will be added as the dates get confirmed.
€800 enrollment fee
General 300-hour Teacher Manual
As you register for intensives you will also receive specific manuals for each topic
The Home-Study Program
3 Month Access to our On-Line 200h TT
40 Class Card to AYP
Intensive/Assisting/Practicing Log-In Booklet
Certificate of Completion Once Qualified
The intensives & workshops you register for which range from 12 – 17€ per hour (one workshop or intensive ranges from 12 – 35 hours)
€25 for the Trainee Only Sessions (2.5 hours)
Additional Books Required
Accommodation & travel costs
Fill and sign the registration form following the instructions & join the enrollment fee.
Please send by (snail) mail, e-mail, or bring at the studio directly if you’re coming to a class.
Payments can be done by check or bank transfer only.
Download the Registration Form